All residents are urged to take advantage of this opportunity to comment on the following proposed local law as well as the Public Interest Test Plan about the possible anti-competitive provisions included in the proposed local law :-
The proposed permanent local law is necessary to ensure that Council maintains a head of power for waste management in the region after the expiry of Interim Local Law on 29 December 2018.
The purpose and general effect of the local law is to protect the public health, safety and amenity related to waste management by:
- regulating the storage, servicing and removal of waste; and
- regulating the disposal of waste at Toowoomba Regional Council owned or managed waste facilities; and
- regulating the use of waste facilities; and
- regulating the use of public place waste infrastructure; and
- ensuring that an act or omission does not result in:
- harm to human health or safety or personal injury; or
- property damage or loss of amenity; or
- environmental harm or environmental nuisance.
How to have your say
Submissions must be received on or before Wednesday 21 November 2018 and must cover:
- the grounds of the submission, and
- the facts and circumstances relied on in support of the grounds.
Submissions can be sent via:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- writing to Toowoomba Regional Council, PO Box 3021, Toowoomba QLD 4350.