The latest Building & Development Activity Report was published in June 2018
- Toowoomba is set to become the transport and logistics hub of Queensland and Australia as a result of the road, rail and air transport infrastructure, completed, under construction and planned for the region.
- The 41 km Toowoomba Second Range Crossing is taking shape. The 800 metre long viaduct east of the New England Highway is emerging as the signature section of the project.
- The ‘nation building’ Inland Rail project has awarded contracts for engineering and environmental studies for the Toowoomba to Brisbane section of the project.
- The InterLink SQ master-planned logistics estate, being called the ‘inland port of Australia’ is approved and construction is underway. Strategically located 13km west of Toowoomba in Charlton, the 200-hectare InterLinkSQ is one of Australia’s most significant, new transport, logistics and business hubs.
- Toowoomba Wellcamp Airport and Business Park is powering along, with approximately 80 return passenger flights per week to Sydney, Melbourne, Townsville, Cairns and western Queensland and weekly air-cargo services to Hong Kong.
- Stage 1 of the Pulse Data Centre is now complete at the Toowoomba Technology Park. Built in just 10 months, the Pulse Data Centre has international-grade security and is the first tier-three facility to be built in regional Australia.
- QIC’s $500m Grand Central retail redevelopment and expansion is now complete, providing an unrivalled regional lifestyle destination.
- The continued low interest rate environment has resulted in strong investor demand for Toowoomba commercial property, with sales of some selected prime properties reflecting sub 7.0% yields.
- Toowoomba housing remains extremely affordable, with 58.2% of all house sales and 84.2% of all unit sales recorded during 2017 priced below $400,000.
- New master planned residential communities are underway at Highfields and Cotswold Hills and others are in advanced planning at Mount Kynoch and Westbrook, providing a wide range of housing choice.
Read the full Building & Development Activity Report - June 2018