Our aerodromes operations team manage four aviation facilities in the region including Toowoomba City Aerodrome, Pittsworth and Millmerran aerodrome and the helicopter landing spot at Crows Nest. Toowoomba City Aerodrome is a certified general aviation aerodrome. Pittsworth and Millmerran are primarily utilised by aerial spraying operations. Millmerran is also used by the Royal Flying Doctor Service and Queensland Fire and Rescue during fire season.
Toowoomba Region Aerodromes 2018 - 2028 summary
The Toowoomba Region Aerodromes 2018-2028 plan aims to:
- Provide an overview of our aviation facilities.
- Provide an overview of our objectives and future scope for development at Toowoomba City Aerodrome, Millmerran Aerodrome and Pittsworth Aerodrome.
- Raise community awareness of the role for aerodromes within the Toowoomba Region.
The information contained in the Toowoomba Region Aerodromes 2018-2028 plan is based on the strategic planning of our aerodromes undertaken in 2017/18. Proposed future opportunities are subject to further investigation, planning and budget considerations.
The Toowoomba Region Aerodromes 2018 - 2028 plan also provides details of the Toowoomba City Aerodrome Master Plan 2018-2028. The Master Plan establishes a framework for the future development of Toowoomba City Aerodrome. The objectives are:
- Identify various strategic options for the future development and growth of the aerodrome within the current operating context.
- Ensure that future development is consistent with the economic, social and environmental needs of the region.
Lease development plans for Millmerran and Pittsworth aerodromes are also outlined in the document. The plans provide a framework to guide the allocation of future lease areas at Pittsworth and Millmerran.