RAPTAC was established in 2013 and meets 4 times per year. The committee consists of 11 members comprising of 3 Councillors and eight members from community organisations.
The main functions of the Regional Active and Public Transport Advisory Committee are to:
- Represent the interests of people with active and public transport issues to Council and the broader community.
- Provide input to Council on development issues and Council projects.
- Provide a consumer perspective into Council's continuous improvement processes concerning active and public transport matters.
- Assist Council in the identification of emerging issues and trends relative to the needs of persons using active or public transport modes in the region.
- Provide assistance and / or advice with specific projects (identified by Council and/or the Advisory Committee).
- Assist Council in disseminating appropriate material to facilitate community dialogue in regard to active and public transport matters.