Spring Bluff Railway Station is a heritage listed site located on the main railway line between Ipswich and Toowoomba. Its significance stems from 140 years of railway history and the attraction of its beautiful landscaped gardens. In 1996, the Spring Bluff Railway Station Trust Management Committee was formalised with the responsibility of preserving and developing the Spring Bluff Railway Station and its historic garden.
Committee goals for 2017
The committee aims to continue to promote Spring Bluff as a destination for visitors to experience the beauty and history of this unique Station – South East Queensland’s prettiest railway station!
The committee meets every 3rd Thursday of the month.
The comittee is formed by:
- 4 councillors from Toowoomba Regional Council
- 2 councillors from Lockyer Valley Regional Council
- 1 representative from Queensland Rail
- Cr Joe Ramia (chair) - Toowoomba Regional Council Councillor
- Cr Megan O’Hara Sullivan - Toowoomba Regional Council Councillor
- Cr Geoff McDonald - Toowoomba Regional Council Councillor
- Cr James O’Shea - Toowoomba Regional Council Councillor
- Cr Janice Holstein - Lockyer Valley Regional Council Councillor
- Kathy McLean - Lockyer Valley Regional Council Councillor
- David Reis - Queensland Rail representative