Megan O’Hara Sullivan was elected to Toowoomba Regional Council at the 2016 Local Government Election. Megan is the Finance and Business Strategy portfolio leader.
Portfolio Responsibilities at Council
- People and Organisational Development - also known as 'Human Resources' (looking after our staff).
- Customer Service - making sure every time you interact with Council you have a great 'customer experience'.
- Stakeholder Engagement and Communication - making sure we’re listening to what you’re saying about your community.
Committee Responsibilities at Council
- Regional Youth Advisory Committee
- Heritage Advisory Committee
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Committee
Megan spent her early years in Tara where her parents farmed and additionally her mother worked as a primary school teacher. She and her husband Dean moved to the Darling Downs in 2004 and are currently raising their five sons at their family home in Greenmount.
Megan graduated from the Queensland University of Technology as an optometrist in 1987. For eleven years prior to being elected to Council, she owned and operated a practice at Pittsworth.
Megan started her career in local government at the Clifton Shire Council in 2005. She served there until the Shire was amalgamated into the Toowoomba Regional Council in 2008.
Megan is an active member of the community in Toowoomba and the Darling Downs and currently serves as a board member on the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation.
Megan is committed to the Toowoomba Region, and is particularly motivated by the phrase “unity through community”.