Cr Bill Cahill is the Water and Waste Committee portfolio leader. He has a successful technical and corporate management background. He is in his third term as a councillor with the Toowoomba Regional Council following a 4 year term as a councillor with the former Crow’s Nest Shire Council - representing Highfields. Bill’s boardroom passion is based on a commitment to continuous improvement, ethical decision making and to pursuing the best possible outcomes for people, the community, growth and the future of the TRC region.
2012 election portfolio and committee responsibilities:
- Portfolio Chair Planning and Development Committee
- Chair Development Assessment Panel
- Chair Urban Design Panel
- Chair Development Industry Reference Group
- Member International Relations Working Group
- Member Council of Mayors Planning and Infrastructure
Previous portfolio and committee responsibilities:
- Environment and Community Services
- Environmental Health Regulation, Waste Management, Carbon Emission Reduction
- Community Services - Indigenous, Disabilities, Multi-Cultural, Youth, Aged Care
Previous Crow’s Nest Council - committee responsibilities:
- Proxy for the TRC transitional committee
- Chair - Regional Arts Development Fund
- Committee member: Sport and Recreation, Enterprise Bargaining, Finance
- Darling Downs Regional Organisation of Councils: Economic Development, Governance
- Council of Mayors: Environment and Sustainability
Business and voluntary community interests:
- Current Deputy Chair Carbal Indigenous Medical Centre board.
- Ministerial appointment: Inaugural Chair Regional Development Australia Darling Downs & South West Qld.
- International Association for Public Participation (IAP2) Planning, Techniques & Communication for effective public participation.
- Panel member: Darling Downs and South West Ministerial Regional Forum
- Founding and current member Highfields District Business Connections
- Founding committee member Highfields Junior Rugby (Redbacks)
- Championed District Little Athletics for Highfields.
- Inaugural committee member Highfields State School Advisory Council
- Current member highfields.com.au
- Previous 20-year career in Telecom/Telstra: technical, design, supervisory and contract management
- Has had experience working as a self-employed businessman
- Married to Kim and living in Highfields (25 years) two married children & love spoiling our amazing grandchildren
- Art, classic cars restoration and off-road racing
“I am honoured to be an elected second-term councillor with the Toowoomba Regional Council. I am committed to community advocacy and always endeavour to initiate and challenge debate on decisions that will enhance the quality of life for all people living in the Toowoomba region. Cr Bill Cahill”
Current portfolio responsibilities
Operational works for: