Medium level (200 litres/person/day) - Brookstead, Cambooya, Cecil Plains, Clifton, Greenmount, Hodgson Vale (includes Top Camp), Pittsworth, Southbrook, Vale View & Yarraman schemes.
Continuation of permanent conservation measures (200 litres/person/day) - Toowoomba Bulk Water Supply Scheme (Oakey, Jondaryan, Haden, Crows Nest, Highfields, Kingsthorpe, Gowrie Junction, Meringandan, Toowoomba City, Westbrook and Goombungee)
We’re always striving for excellence to achieve the best for our community. We’ve received some recognition for our efforts and are very proud to share these awards with you.
Image: Water Operations Manager John Mills, and the water treatment team with the national title trophy.
- Sustainable Waste Management Facilities
Our waste facilities at Cecil Plains, Cooyar and Evergreen have been further recognised, with Council picking up an award at the Australian Institute of Project Management’s 2018 Project Management Achievement Awards (Queensland) in the Sustainable Projects category.
- Asia Pacific Project Management Award for Regional Development
Our Flood Recovery Program 2011 – 2016 won the 2017 Project Management Award for Community Service and/or Regional Development from the Asia Pacific Federation of Project Management (APFPM). The flood recovery program received an additional two awards in 2017, the AIPM state and National Project Management Achievement award in the Regional Projects category
- Best tap water in Australia
Water from our Mt Kynoch Water Treatment Plant was named the IXOM 2017 Best Tap Water in Australia during National Water Week at Launceston.
- Rural Green Space Award - Australian Institutes of Horticulture's (AIH) 2017 National Awards
The Toowoomba Carnival of Flowers, in conjunction with The Chronicle Home Garden competition, won the inaugural Rural Green Space Award at the Australian Institute of Horticulture’s (AIH) 2017 national awards at Windsor, New South Wales.
- Auscontact Queensland Contact Centre Manager of the Year Award
Manager of Customer Service, Kirrilly Rowan, was recognised for her superior management and leadership in the Customer Contact Centre for Toowoomba Regional Council at this years Auscontact Annual Awards.
- Institute of Managers and Leaders South-West Queensland Manager/Leader of the Year
Manager of Customer Service, Kirrilly Rowan demonstrated a passion for bringing together individuals whose vision, skills and integrity and inspire them to succeed, and was recognised for this leadership by the Institute of Managers and Leaders (formally AIM).
- Carnival of Flowers - Major Festival and Events category for 2017
Our Toowoomba Carnival of Flowers has continued its blooming success entering the Hall of Fame after taking out top gong at the Queensland Tourism Awards for the third year in a row.
- Heart Foundation Local Government Award
We were named the Queensland Winner and recognised for best practice in creating a healthier community. By providing opportunities for the community to participate in physical activity and healthier habits.
- Queensland Training Awards 2017 - Darling Downs South West Region Large Employer of the Year
We were recognised for achieving excellence in the provision of ‘nationally recognised training’ to its employees including apprenticeships and traineeships.
- IPWEAQ Engineer of the Year and Works Supervisor of the Year
The Institute of Public Works Engineering Australasia, Queensland (IPWEAQ) Excellence Awards recognise Councils and individuals who have demonstrated best practice and innovation in public works projects across Queensland. This year Mike Brady, General Manager Infrastructure Services and Jeff Heit, Coordinator Construction and Maintenance for Central Branch were recognised as being leaders in their field as Engineer of the Year and Works Supervisor of the Year.
- Innovation Award - Greater Toowoomba Waste Management Facility
The Greater Toowoomba Waste Management Facility won the Innovation Award at the Waste Management Association of Australia's 2017 National Landfill & Transfer Stations Innovation and Excellence Awards.
- QLD Tennis Award - Hutchinson Builders Toowoomba International tennis tournament
- Excellence in Public Messaging and Education – Downs Little Lifeguards program
The Royal Life Saving Society of Australia National Aquatic Industry awarded our community water safety campaigns including the Downs Little Lifeguards program.
- Jonas Leisure Facility of the Year Award – Milne Bay Aquatic Centre
Awarded by Australian Leisure Facilities Association Queensland for commitment to consistency and excellence in all facets of the business.
- Australia’s No.3 Function Coordinator in the Australian Bridal Industry Academy
- 2016 Qantas Australian Tourism Awards winner for Best National Major Festival or Event
- Parks and Leisure Australia award for Open Space Planning
This distinguished award was received in recognition of the Oakey Creek Linear Corridor Master Plan.
- Contact Centre Excellence Awards – Best People Strategy and Culture Award
- 2017 Australasian Reporting Award – Silver
The Australasian Reporting Award was received for effective communication of financial and business information in the 2015/16 Annual Report.
- Qld Young Water Operator of the Year – Individual Award Harry Coleman