Medium level (200 litres/person/day) - Brookstead, Cambooya, Cecil Plains, Clifton, Greenmount, Hodgson Vale (includes Top Camp), Pittsworth, Southbrook, Vale View & Yarraman schemes.
Continuation of permanent conservation measures (200 litres/person/day) - Toowoomba Bulk Water Supply Scheme (Oakey, Jondaryan, Haden, Crows Nest, Highfields, Kingsthorpe, Gowrie Junction, Meringandan, Toowoomba City, Westbrook and Goombungee)
Toowoomba Regional Council is urging young people who are eligible for 2019 Youth Leaders Program to finalise applications before the 31st July closing date.
Toowoomba Regional Council Community Development Facilities Chair Cr Geoff McDonald said the Youth Leaders Program encourages young people to learn about their community, be a leader, get involved and provide a voice for young people.
“The program, which has been operating since 2015, allows 25 people from across our region to represent young people to local government, Cr McDonald said.
“The youth leaders play an important part in ensuring that Council programs are relevant to the needs of local youth and that activities are reaching as many young people as possible.
“The Youth Leaders program has achieved much in a short time with previous initiatives including fundraising for youth services, organising events, developing environmental programs and delivering national Youth Week activities across the region, to name but a few, Cr McDonald said.
“Young Leaders have also represented our region at local, State and National forums that have helped to shape youth policy at all levels of government.
“To be eligible for the program applicants must be aged between 14 and 24, live in the Toowoomba Regional Council area, are able to attend monthly meetings, plus be available for two training camps in late September and late December.
“The successful Youth Leaders will represent around 32,000 people in our area that are eligible for this program.”
Cr McDonald urged those eligible to finalise their applications by July 31 to avoid disappointment.
For more information go to http://www.tr.qld.gov.au/community-business/community-support/youth/12122-youth-leaders-program-apply-now or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Youth Leaders program aims to:
- Represent the voice of all young people
- Encourage young people to be involved in Local Government.
- Develop applicants to become youth representatives.
- Communicate effectively will all young people
- Develop a youth policy and youth action plan; and
- Connect with other leaders across the region to increase youth networks.
- Attend all youth leader meetings as set by the group and the Community Development Officer for Youth and the Youth Development Officer.
- Maintain regular contact with the Community Development Officer – Youth and the Youth Development Officer regarding projects, programs, as well as youth and community issues/priorities.
- Attend appointments identified by the Youth Leaders Program or at the request of the Community Development team.
- Lobby on behalf of the young people in your community and the Toowoomba Region area.
- Actively promote young people’s positive contributions to the community.
- Actively promote the Youth Leaders program as well as promoting other youth programs supported by us (including the Youth Connect program).
- Identify and ensure that at least one new person applies for the Youth Leaders program each year.