Local Government Act 2009
Toowoomba Regional Council
(Making of Local Law) Website Notice (No. 4) 2018
- This notice may be cited as Toowoomba Regional Council (Making of Local Law) Website Notice (No. 4) 2018.
Making of local law
- Toowoomba Regional Council (the “Council”) has, by resolution dated the 18th day of December 2018, made Local Law No. 7 (Waste Management) 2018 (the “local law”).
Purpose and general effect
- The purpose and general effect of the local law is to protect the public health, safety and amenity related to waste management by -
(a) regulating the storage, servicing and removal of waste; and
(b) regulating the disposal of waste at Toowoomba Regional Council owned or managed waste facilities; and
(c) regulating the use of waste facilities; and
(d) regulating the use of public place waste infrastructure; and
(e) ensuring that an act or omission does not result in -
(i) harm to human health or safety or personal injury; or
(ii) property damage or loss of amenity; or
(iii) environmental harm or environmental nuisance.
- The local law contains anti-competitive provisions.
Local law repealed
- Local Law No. 7 (Waste Management) 2018 repeals Local Law No. 7 (Waste Management) 2018 which commenced on the date on which Toowoomba Regional Council (Making of Local Law) Notice (No. 2) 2018 was published in the gazette.
- A copy of Local Law No.7 (Waste Management) 2018 -
(a) is available to view online and may be inspected and purchased at Council’s public offices located at:-
- 4 Little Street, Toowoomba
- 95 King Street, Clifton
- 25 Emu Creek Road, Crows Nest
- 89 Mocatta Street, Goombungee
- 54 Hodgson Street, Greenmount
- O’Brien Road, Highfields
- 2-16 Campbell Street, Millmerran
- 64 Campbell Street, Oakey
- 85 Yandilla Street, Pittsworth; and
(b) viewed by the public on the website of the Department of Local Government, Racing and Multicultural Affairs.