Residents are reminded that careless behaviour could start a bushfire. Active bushfires, alerts, fire danger ratings and information to help you prepare for fire season can all be found on the Get ready website.
How to prepare your home for fire season
- Check your roof and repair loose tiles, eaves and screws
- Clean gutters and downpipes
- Trim greenery
- Ensure your insurance is up to date
- Purchase food and water supplies
Ways to avoid starting a fire
- Ensure machinery is well serviced and do not operate machinery which may create sparks in dry grassed areas (for example: grinding/welding equipment)
- Do not discard cigarette butts
- Extinguish campfires with water
- Coals must be cool to the touch
- Landholders need to slash fire breaks and ensure firefighting equipment is available
- Remove vegetation from around structures
While bushfires can be a risk at any time of year, the bushfire risk is higher for our region from the end of July to March.