Seniors are important to our community in many different ways. We provide a range of older persons’ development services across the region.
We deliver a range of activities for seniors throughout the year, including; bingo, trivia, concerts and craft activities. See the events register for details.
The following services may be of interest:
- Blue Care weekly respite (Goombungee and Meringandan districts).
- The CHANGE project which aims to help you make healthy lifestyle choices.
- Home and Community Care (HACC) lawn maintenance for Clifton, Nobby, Millmerran, Brookstead, Cecil Plains, Oakey, Kingsthorpe and Biddeston. Fees and charges differ with each HACC service and clients are responsible for the supply and cost of materials if advised by the service provider. Contact your local community health nurse or general practitioner to see if you are eligible for Home & Community Care services.
We offer a pensioner rebate on Council rates if the owner of the land is a pensioner and is eligible for the State Government pensioner remission.
- The Seniors Enquiry Line is a state-wide information and referral service for access to information on topics of interest to seniors. Please phone 1300 135 500 or visit the Seniors Enquiry Line website.
- The My Aged Care website has been established by the Australian Government to help you navigate the aged care system. It is part of the Australian Government’s changes to the aged care system which have been designed to give people more choice, more control and easier access to a full range of aged care services.