Sponsorship is a great way for you and your organisation to work with us in a mutually beneficial way. Through our sponsorship program we provide funds or in-kind support for events, projects, services and other activities which contribute to the liveability of the region.
In return for sponsorship, there must be an identified commercial benefit for us and the community.
Benefits offered to the sponsored business or individual may include:
- financial support
- in-kind support
- media / publicity opportunities
- use of personalities for advertising and promotions
Before applying for sponsorship please read the 2.71 Sponsorship Policy and ensure your activity aligns with our guidelines below.
Types of activities we will sponsor
We sponsor activities that will:
- bring cultural, economic, environmental, financial or social benefit to our community.
- align with our Corporate Plan.
- comply with legislative requirements including local laws and permits.
- have been assessed in accordance with risk management principles.
Types of activities we won't sponsor
We will not sponsor activities that:
- may be seen to compromise public confidence or are contrary to community expectations and standards.
- compete or conflict with our initiatives, local laws or permit requirements.
How to apply for sponsorship
Use the Sponsorship application form to apply for sponsorship from us.
Step 1 - Application assessment
Applications for sponsorship will be assessed against the principles outlined in the Sponsorship Policy. We reserve the right to consider applications on a case-by-case basis.
As priorities and aspirations change approval for sponsorship does not guarantee continuing or reoccurring sponsorship.
Step 2 - Notification process
Successful application - Once we decide to offer sponsorship we will enter into an agreement with the applicant. The agreement will outline the agreed benefits, payment terms and any performance or evaluation required of the applicant.
Unsuccessful application - Where we are unable to provide sponsorship, applicants will be notified by formal correspondence (letter or email).
Step 3 - sponsorship conclusion
Once the sponsorship activity has been concluded we will evaluate the effectiveness of the agreement in achieving the stated objectives. This will help us to review future sponsorship arrangements.
Other funding opportunities
We also offer community grants for programs and projects with a specific purpose and outcome. Read more about community grants here.