Community support grants of up to $2,500 are available with grant rounds available twice annually:
|Opening date||Closing date|
|1 February||1 March|
|1 July||1 August|
Organisations can apply for a community support grant if they:
- are an eligible community organisation or are under the auspices of an eligible community organisation as defined in the Community Grants Policy.
- operate or provide services within the Toowoomba Regional Council area.
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN).
Who can't apply:
- For-profit companies, trusts and other organisations
- Unions and student guilds
- Research foundations
- Professional associations
- An organisation that has been granted approval for support through a Toowoomba Regional Council program for the same project
- Organisations that have not acquitted previous Council grants
The community support grant program seeks to provide support for projects that:
- demonstrate collaboration and partnerships between community organisations
- encourage and assist community interaction and inclusiveness
- foster indigenous, multicultural and inter-generational understanding and equity
- support innovation, forward thinking and learning opportunities
- upgrade facilities to meet standards, regulations and community expectations
- meet changing community needs and/or increase facility usage
Community support grants will not fund:
- Loan or other debt repayments
- Recurrent administration and running costs, such as:
- Regular wages
- Regular office expenses
- Rent, mortgage repayments or land purchases
- Equipment that has a short life or needs regular replacement
- Rates, utilities, energy, insurance or regulatory expenses
- Projects with a commercial purpose
- Projects which are of a private as opposed to community benefit. (Note: For larger projects of both private and community benefit, only the portion of the project which is of community benefit shall be eligible for funding)
- Projects already funded by other Toowoomba Regional Council Grant programs
- Prize money, trophies, raffle prizes or fundraising
Preference will be given to applications that:
- facilitate deliverable outcomes for the community - that is, provide programs, facilities or capital works
- demonstrate self-help, commitment and future sustainability
- are identified within a strategic planning framework
- are not duplicating existing projects, activities or events
How to apply
For a step by step help guide to complete the online application process open the Grants - Community support grant program online application help guide. If you require assistance completing the online form, please contact us via phone on 131 872 and ask to speak with a grants officer.
- Read the 2.11 Community Support Grant Program Guidelines.
- Check you are eligible:
- Complete the Community grant online eligibility quiz (select 'Lodge a service request' > 'Community Grant Eligibility') to see if you qualify for a grant.
- You will receive confirmation of eligibility via email.
- If you are eligible, apply for a community grant using the online form and the instructions below.
- Register with our online system.
- Receive confirmation of registration via email.
- Once you are registered fill in the Community support grant form (online). Sign in and go to 'Applications' and 'Lodge a new application'. Remember to upload all required documents.
Online statistical tool (providing information on the Toowoomba Region's population and economic breakdown)