Grants of up to $5,000 are available through the environment grants program. Funding is for programs and projects including ‘seed funding’ to cover the costs of initial planning for larger projects. Grant funds are limited in individual amounts and total funds available.
Grant rounds are available twice annually:
|Opening date||Closing date|
|1 January 2020||3 February 2020|
|1 July 2020||1 August 2020|
Organisations can apply for an environment grant if they:
- Operate or provide services within the Toowoomba Regional Council area;
- Are a not-for-profit community organisation;
- Are an incorporated legal entity, or are sponsored by an incorporated legal entity; and
- Have an Australian Business Number (ABN).
Who can't apply:
- For-profit companies, trusts and other organisations
- Unions and student guilds
- Research foundations
- Professional associations
- An organisation that has been granted approval for support through a Toowoomba Regional Council program for the same project
- Organisations that have not acquitted previous Council grants
The environment grants program provides support for projects that aim to achieve one or more of the following:
- Control of pests on public lands
- Control of pests on land used for community purposes
- Habitat improvement on public lands
- Habitat improvement on land used for community purposes
- Provide support for Landcare initiatives
- Provide support for community Bushcare initiatives
Preference will be given to applications that:
- Produce measurable environmental outcomes
- Establish a community and or environmental need
- Demonstrate collaboration and partnership
- Are not duplicating existing projects or activities
Grants will be given in an equitable, accountable and transparent manner that produces community benefits while complying with regulatory and reporting requirements.
Environment grants will not fund:
- Loan or other debt repayments
- Recurrent administration and running costs, such as:
- Regular wages
- Regular office expenses
- Rent, mortgage repayments or land purchases
- Equipment that has a short life or needs regular replacement
- Rates, utilities, energy, insurance or regulatory expenses
- Projects with a commercial purpose
- Projects which are of a private as opposed to community benefit. (Note: For larger projects of both private and community benefit, only the portion of the project which is of community benefit shall be eligible for funding)
- Projects already funded by other Toowoomba Regional Council Grant programs
- Prize money, trophies, raffle prizes or fundraising
How to apply
- Read the 2.12 Environment grant guidelines.
- If eligible, complete the PDF form.
PDF form process
- Download and complete the Community grants application form (PDF). Applications can be lodged by the following methods:
- Email: email@example.com. Applications must be emailed no later than 5pm on the closing date.
- Mail: Toowoomba Regional Council, Community Grants Scheme, PO Box 3021, Toowoomba Qld 4350. Applications must be stamped (post marked) by Australia Post no later than the day of the closing date.
- In person: Toowoomba Customer Service Centre, 4 Little Street, Toowoomba. Applications must be hand delivered no later than 5pm on the closing date.
Online statistical tool (providing information on the Toowoomba Region's population and economic breakdown)