If you had a greenwaste service at your original residence, the bin and the charge remains there. You need to register for a new greenwaste service at the new property (if there is not one there). The greenwaste service is available to most areas within the region. See the list below. If in doubt, please contact us to confirm whether your property can receive a service.
If a greenwaste service is available at your property, the charge for a service is $41.52 per annum, and is charged over two invoices on your rates ($20.76 per invoice). To order a service, please contact Council on 131 872 or email us.
Applying for a greenwaste service
The following list outlines the areas that are currently in the service area and a greenwaste service may be able to be offered to you:-
- All suburbs within the Toowoomba Service Centre (previous Toowoomba City Council area)
- Blue Mountain Heights
- Cabarlah (south of Reushle Road)
- Cotswold Hills
- Gowrie Junction
- Gowrie Mountain
- Hodgson Vale
- Kingsthorpe township
- Meringandan West
- Millmerran township
- Oakey township
- Top Camp
- Vale View
Collected greenwaste is processed into mulch and used around the region on projects including stabilising of batters at our landfills. To be effectively recycled in this way it is very important to keep other rubbish out of the green waste bin.
Items for my greenwaste bin
Only greenwaste can be placed in your bin, including:
- Prunings and cuttings
- Weeds and lawn clippings
- Branches up to 150mm diameter
- Branches less than 50cm long, (please break up or cut up branches that are longer than 50cm and place in your bin)
- Untreated timber
Items that must not be put in the greenwaste bin
Please do not place the following items into your green waste bin:
- Branches or tree limbs longer than 50cm or thicker than 15cm
- Plastic bags and bin liners - including biodegradable plastic bags
- Plant pots
- Garden furniture
- General waste
- Food scraps, fruit and vegetables
- Disposable nappies
- Plastics or metals
- Animal droppings or dead animals
- Treated or painted timber or composite wood
- Concrete, rocks, building materials
- Tree stumps
- Sledge hammers and tools.
- Compostable cups/paper/cardboard
Please do not overfill your bin. If you have difficulty moving the bin then our trucks will have difficulty emptying your bin. If your bin is overweight, overfull or contains items that are not greenwaste, it may not be collected. You will be asked to remove the excess greenwaste or the contamination before a truck will be able to service your bin. If a return service is available, you may be charged for this service.
Wheelie bin maintenance
Should your wheelie bin be damaged or have broken parts (e.g. cracked or missing lids, pins, wheels and/or axles), contact Council and lodge a customer request.