When you're packing your vehicle and/or trailer for a trip to your local waste facility, group similar materials together. By taking a little extra time to sort your load before you leave home, you can save yourself plenty of time when you arrive at the disposal site. Consider which areas you will need to visit and load your vehicle/trailer accordingly. The last item in your vehicle/trailer will be the first to be unloaded.
At your local waste facility, there are up to three separate areas for unloading waste materials. These are, in order:
1. Bulk Materials (Green Signed Area), such as:
- Green Waste;
- Clean Fill;
- Concrete, asphalt, rocks, builder’s rubble;
- Scrap Metal.
2. Recyclable Materials / Recoverable Resources (Yellow Signed Area)
- The type of recyclable materials / recoverable resources accepted at each waste facility varies. Please refer here for recycling options at your local waste facility.
3. Residual Waste (Red Signed Area)
- All remaining waste to go to landfill.
Information on which waste materials can and can’t be accepted at each waste facility, as well as facility operating hours, locations and fees, can be found here.
Always assure your own safety and that of other road users by properly containing and securing your load and towing safely. Click on these links for more information on: