Due to a scheduled upgrade, our online services system (ePathway) will be unavailable from 6am, Saturday 25 January, to 10pm, Sunday 26 January. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Assisted waste collection service (infirm waste collection)

We recognise that there are residents who for reasons of ill health, physical or mental incapacity are unable to move their bins to the roadside for service each week. Residents in this situation, who do not have any other able-bodied person living in the property, can apply for an assisted waste collection service (also known as infirm waste collection). 

On collection day, our collection contractor will walk into your property, remove the bins and after emptying them, return the bins to their storage location.  Please note that our trucks do not drive onto your property.

There is no charge for the service, however, there are conditions to be met. Refer to the application form for details.


How to apply for the service

Residents need to complete an application form and submit it to us together with a doctor's certificate or confirmation from a medical practitioner.

Waste - Assisted collection service (infirm collection service) application form (PDF for print)


Have an assisted waste service and you're moving?

Call us on 131 872 and let us know where you're moving to and when. We'll move the service to your new property.


Want to cancel an assisted waste service? 

If the service is no longer needed, please call us on 131 872 and we will cancel the service.


Related information

Wheelie bin maintenance - Should your wheelie bin be damaged or have broken parts (e.g. cracked or missing lids, pins, wheels and/or axles), contact us and report the problem or lodge an online bin maintenance request.

Last Updated: Thursday, 19 September 2019 11:34
Back to top