We provide recycling services through the provision of a kerbside recycling service and through waste facilities across the region. Other recycling opportunities are available to residents through private and charity organisations.
Business and trades people can save money by separating waste from recycling because many materials can be recycled at no cost while non-recyclable waste incurs a gate fee.
Finding and establishing modern landfills is a significant cost burden on the community. Diverting waste away from landfill by recycling makes our landfills last longer and therefore defers significant community and environmental costs.
How to recycle responsibly
- You don't have to remove labels, lids, staples or window faces.
- Lids don't have to be removed, but it is helpful if you do.
- Containers should be empty. No food or drink please.
- Some items have a plastic identification code triangle on them, but can not be recycled in our current system.
- Foam packaging from computer boxes cannot be recycled even if it has the plastic identification code triangle on it with #6.
- Unwrap your junk mail or papers from their plastic wrap before recycling - put the plastic wrap in the garbage bin, put the junk mail in the recycling bin.
Recycling at my local waste facility
We have information on what you can recycle at your local waste facility.
Materials that can be placed in my recycling bin
Information on what can be recycled in your yellow-lidded recycle bin is also available.