Mulch is offered free to all ratepayers in the region at many of the waste facilities. It is available for domestic users only. Green waste that is disposed of at any waste facility is stockpiled, processed on a regular basis and made available for collection or used as mulch for rehabilitation at our waste facilities.
Where and when to collect mulch
Greater Toowoomba Waste Management Facility (GTWMF) - O'Mara Road, Wellcamp
Free mulch can be collected from the O'Mara Road facility at any time during opening times (load it yourself). If you would prefer to have the mulch loaded for you, come on the first Sunday of every month between 9am- 4pm. Enter the facility via the gatehouse, following signage and the directions of on-site staff. Please cover your load before leaving the site.
Clifton, Crows Nest, Goombungee, Greenmount, Kleinton, Millmerran, Oakey Waste Management Facilities, Pittsworth and Yarraman
Mulch is available during opening hours and subject to availability. As the mulch is self-load, customers should bring their own containers and equipment to load the mulch.
Evergreen Waste Management Facility
Free mulch is not available to the public at Evergreen waste facility. Green waste collected at the Evergreen waste management facility is mulched and used in normal site operations.
We do not suggest the waste to be suitable for any particular purpose (to the extent allowed by law). The quality of the waste is uncertain, and it may contain any of the following:
- Weeds and seeds
- Noxious plants
- Soil and/or rock
- Timber (which may have been treated)
- Food waste
- Other similar items
Collecting your mulch
Conditions of collecting mulch:
- Free mulch is only available to domestic customers.
- Vehicles must not have a RGVM/RGCM greater than 4.5 tonne.
- Make sure you cover your load before you leave the site.
- Wear closed in shoes and suitable clothing.
- Children (under 13 years old) and animals must remain in the vehicle at all times.
- Follow site signage and directions from on-site staff.
- Mulch may contain fine dust particles that may affect some people. Please take appropriate precautions when handling mulch.
Persons taking and/or using the waste agree to indemnify and keep indemnified Toowoomba Regional Council (and its servant, agents and contractors), from and against all claims, demands and suits which may be made against TRC relating to or arising out of the method of delivery or collection, the waste or its storage or use.