Water efficiency requirements now apply to a range of town water uses by business. These requirements are either provisions of the Water Supply (Safety and Reliability) Act 2008 or part of the Toowoomba Regional Council water restriction arrangements.
- All non-residential customers using 10ML/yr or greater may be required to submit a Water Efficiency Management Plan (WEMP) to council for approval and report annually on its implementation.
- All non-residential premises using between 1 and 10 megalitres per year are required to meet water efficient standards for tapware, showers, toilets, urinals, and trigger sprays in commercial kitchens.
- Some of these businesses, such as, nurseries, turf farms, market gardens, public swimming pools and all premises with cooling towers may need to submit a Water Conservation Plan (WCP).
- Some helpful hints can be found on the Queensland Government website under managing water use in your business.
- Equipment used for the irrigation of any landscaping, gardens or lawns must conform to the requirements of the Efficient irrigation for water conservation guideline which include water efficient systems and water efficient sprinklers
- All watering including hand watering must be in accordance with the prevailing water restriction.
- Watering of sports fields and school playing fields must be in accordance with the prevailing water restriction and comply with the Active Playing Surface Guidelines.
- Mobile commercial operators using town water in the region are required to register with Toowoomba Regional Council and comply with the appropriate water efficiency guidelines.
- Other commercial washers, such as, washers of large vehicles and car wash facilities must also comply with the appropriate water efficiency guidelines as set by council.
- Water - Water efficiency for active playing surface application form (online)
- Water - Water efficiency for active playing surface application form (PDF for print)
- Water - Non-residential water efficiency compliance for swimming pools - plumber's certification (PDF for print)
- Water - Non-residential water efficiency guideline & form for a fixed vehicle washing premises (PDF for print)