Saving water is everyone's responsibility. Permanent Conservation Measures water restrictions (Target 200) apply to all residences and businesses connected to the Toowoomba Bulk Water Supply and to the town water supplies within the Greenmount Service area which includes Greenmount, Cambooya, Vale View, Wyreema and Hodgson Vale.
Restrictions on Residential and Non-Residential Premises
Care of pets
Use of water from the reticulated (town) supply system is permitted for pet care purposes ONLY where the water is used for pet welfare and survival purposes including activities such as:
- provision of drinking water; or
- washing a pet, provided that if a hose is used for this purpose, only a hand held hose is used; or
- cleaning pet pens and enclosures with a high pressure water cleaning unit
Animal husbandry refers to the keeping, breeding or raising of animals, birds or poultry.
Water from the reticulated (town) supply system is not permitted to be used for animal husbandry purposes except where it can be demonstrated:
- if a rainwater storage facility is not installed on the premises, then arrangements shall have commenced for the installation of such a facility; and
- all available water from a rainwater storage facility installed on the premises will be used for animal husbandry purposes before any water from the reticulated (town) supply system is used for those purposes; and
- the water is used for animal welfare and survival purposes including the cleaning of animal pens and enclosures with a high pressure water cleaning unit.
What else should I know?
Where a commercial operator or a Mobile Commercial Operator is engaged to wash a pet or clean pet pens and enclosures, water from the reticulated (town) supply system is not permitted to be used except in accordance with the Pet Washing Water Efficiency Guidelines approved by the service provider.
For a full copy of the water restrictions schedule, visit our water restrictions homepage or call 131 872.