Water use on non-residential premises
Saving water is everyone's responsibility. Kitchen, bathroom, laundry and ablution premises using 1ML per year, or more, of water from the reticulated (town) supply system must have water efficient internal fittings installed, so that:
- All taps are water efficient, and
- All showerheads are water efficient showerheads, and
- All trigger sprays are water efficient trigger sprays.
|Fixture||Performance requirements minimum WELS rating (★★★)|
|Taps||Three star (9 litres/minute)|
|Showers||Three star (9 litres/minute)|
|Trigger sprays||Three star (9 litres/minute)|
Alternatively, premises requiring a water efficient management plan (WEMP) to be submitted must use water in accordance with the approved plan.
Water from the reticulated (town) supply system is not permitted to be used except where:
- the customer demonstrates to the Council that the urinal systems are water efficient, OR
- water used is in accordance with an approved WEMP prepared in accordance with the WEMP Guidelines.
Compliance with this Restriction s11.(i) and s11.2a is demonstrated by providing to Toowoomba Regional Council:
- a certificate from a licensed plumber certifying that the premises is fitted with water efficient urinal systems; or
- a statutory declaration which declares that the premises is fully compliant with all the terms of this Restriction and provides information on the number of water efficient urinals fitted.
Premises with an open re-circulation cooling system that is used to extract heat for a process or equipment, must:
- operate in accordance with an approved Water Conservation Plan;
- install sub-meters on the supply and bleed lines as required by Council.
- provide an annual written report to Council
For a full copy of the water restrictions schedule visit our restrictions page.