Our fees can be found on the community development and facilities fees and charges link. Please scroll through the document to find the fees relevant to cemetery services.
Prepayment of future cemetery services
Prepayment of future cemetery services means the selection and payment of cemetery services that will be provided when the need arises in the future (previously known as a preneed arrangement). Cemetery services that can be prepaid include:
- Interment: this means, at a future time placing a deceased person/s or cremated ashes in an interment site or the placement of the deceased person in an above ground mausoleum or vault.
- Allocation of an interment site: this means that a site is allocated for the burial of a deceased person/s or cremated ashes, or placement of the deceased person in an above ground mausoleum or vault (previously known as burial right)
- Memorial plaque: this is a plate at the interment site with an inscription memorialising the deceased person/s.
Important note: products purchased under this payment plan must include an interment site or interment product, with the option of also purchasing any other service listed above. (For example, the prepayment of a memorial product only is not permitted.
If organising a funeral for a loved one but are unsure if they had a preneed arrangement or future cemetery service with us, either contact your funeral director or your nearest council service centre.
Future cemetery services payment plan
Customers have the option to pay for an interment site, interment and memorial over a period of up to 24 months. This is called a 'Future Cemetery Services Payment Plan'. The following are the terms and conditions for payment plans:
- Payment plans must be finalised within 24 months of the date of the payment plan agreement.
- Products purchased under this payment plan must include either an interment site and/or interment product, with the option of also purchasing a memorial product. The purchase of a memorial product only is not allowed under this payment plan.
- The deposit paid at the time of entering this agreement must be equal to or be greater than:-
- The administration fee; plus
- 10% of the total products purchased under this agreement
- Additional payments of any amount may be paid at any time during this agreement and will be taken into consideration when calculating outstanding payments.
- No interest will be charged by Toowoomba Regional Council, however there is an administration charge.
- The outstanding balance must reduce each month by the minimum monthly payment amount. Failure to do so may result in the cancellation of the agreement and all monies refunded, excluding the initial deposit amount.
- If no payment has been received and/or the outstanding balance is overdue, a reminder letter will be sent. Failure to respond to the letter may result in the cancellation of the agreement and all monies refunded, excluding the initial deposit amount.
- You may cancel the agreement in writing and all monies paid will be refunded, excluding the initial deposit amount.
- Should any interment service listed in this agreement be required before all monies have been paid, the balance of the fees for the services required must be paid prior to use. (Eg: If one interment site and two interments were purchased under this agreement, and an interment is necessary prior to the total balance being paid in full, then the balance of one interment site and the first interment is payable prior to the interment being used. The balance will remain payable as per this existing agreement conditions and time frame.
Once your fees have been paid in full, no additional fees to those outlined in your preneed or future cemetery services payment plan are required for the services paid for and listed in your agreement, are payable.
Please notify us in writing if your contact details change.