Located in the heart of Toowoomba’s CBD, Toowoomba Regional Council’s Community Venues offer a range of modern, air-conditioned meeting rooms and community spaces. Able to be booked by any organisation or community group, with prices to suit different categories of users, these spaces are part of Council’s vision to provide facilities that foster community inclusion and development.
Please note information provided below is indicative only and may change. The number of people able to fit in a room will vary depending on your chosen room set-up (eg theatre, boardroom, classroom etc).
Level 3 of the Toowoomba City Library (corner of Victoria and Herries Street)
- Small meeting rooms: 4 -6 people, round table, whiteboard.
- Large meeting rooms (see top, right photo): 10 - 12 people, interactive projector with whiteboard.
- Multipurpose room: 20- 60 people, projector.
- Seminar room single: 16-45 people, projector.
- Seminar room double (see top, left photo): 36 to 110 people, projector.
- Seminar room full (see bottom photo): 54 - 140 people, projector.
Detailed room information for meeting rooms on Level 3 of the Toowoomba City Library
- Complimentary tea and coffee is provided with all bookings.
- Room hire is inclusive of use of all equipment in the rooms.
- The City Library building is wheelchair accessible
- Limited free undercover car parking located on site (3 hours max). Paid all day parking close by at Water/Herries St Car Park.
- 12 laptops with internet access, a lectern and portable whiteboards are available to be loaned free of charge.
- Connector HDMI and VGA cables available to be loaned to connect your own laptop to the projectors.
- Only 45 mins of public wifi available per device per day.
- Catering can be organised via Community Venues staff.
Other venues in the Civic Precinct (see map below)
- Dr Price meeting room – 50 people – free bookings for not for profit community groups – maximum 2 hour booking
- Outdoor spaces: Civic Square, Village Green, Art Gallery Park, Kwong Sang Walk
How to Book
Please note Community Venues operates separately to the library and bookings cannot be made via library staff.
We offer our venues at different rates for different types of bookings - non-commercial, commercial & semi-commercial (government departments and institutions registered with the Department of Education). Not for profit and other local community organisations are offered a discounted rate.