eMagazines and eNewspapers are complete digital editions of popular magazines and newspapers. These resources are free and available from the library 24/7. Benefits include:
- No checkout limits
- Enjoy interactive elements such as audio and video
- Experience anytime, anywhere availability on mobile devices, PCs and Macs
- Download your title to your mobile device for offline reading
- Mobile apps available for iPad, iPhone, Kindle Fire/HD, Android & Windows
We offer two services:
- Wide range of popular magazine titles
- Automatic delivery of all titles except The Economist
- Back issues available
PressReader eMagazines and eNewspapers
- Over 6,000 newspapers and magazines from around the world
- Back issues available for past 90 days
- Automatic delivery available
For help on setting up your device and getting started using RBdigital follow our online tutorial to guide you through the process. Answers to frequently asked questions are also available through RBdigital platform help link.
Mobile devices (tablets and smartphones)
How to set up the RBdigital app
RBdigital is a free mobile app that enables our library members to checkout and read eMagazines. The app incorporates a dedicated eMagazine reader, eBook reader and an eAudiobook player.
- Install the RBdigital app.
- Choose Country – Australia.
- Tap Create Account to enter your account information.
- Enter Library Information.
- Enter your library card number (barcode) and PIN.
- RBdigital Account Information.
- Create username - eg your library card number.
- Create and Confirm password.
- Personal Information.
- Enter first name.
- Enter last name.
- Enter and Confirm email.
- Tap Register.
- Your RBdigital app will open to the Home Screen. Scroll for content or tap the menu icon in the upper left-hand corner for additional options.
Using the RBdigital app to browse and checkout titles
- Open the menu (top left hand corner of the RBdigital app).
- Select 'Magazines'.
- Browse the magazine collection.
- Sort or filter magazines by genre/category, date added, newly added, most popular and issue date.
- To check out magazines, select 'Checkout' or tap the cover to view the description and then select 'Checkout'.
Reading offline in the RBdigital app
- Open the menu.
- Select 'Checked out'.
- Select 'Read', this action will download the magazine for offline reading.
- To read magazines, swipe left to turn the pages.
Removing old magazine issues
- Select 'Checked out' and click on the 'X' in upper-right hand corner of the image of the magazine.
- A pop-up will say 'Magazine returned'. Tap 'Ok'.
Help, tutorial and frequently asked questions
- Select 'Help' from the menu.
- Tap 'Magazine' for support with the magazine platform.
Computers (PC or Mac) - read online
- Login into your library account on the library catalogue.
- Go to the 'eLibrary' panel of the catalogue and select 'books, movies & magazines'.
- Select eMagazines
- To browse issues from the list of available titles, click the hamburger symbol (3 horizontal lines) and select browse issues or click 'View Availability' and click 'Display item details' to view the available issues.
- Click 'Borrow this eMagazine'.
- The click 'Continue'.
- Click 'Download this title now.
Use your library card to access PressReader and get free access to over 6,000+ newspapers and magazines from around the world, in 60+ languages, all on your own smartphone or tablet.
For help on setting up your device and getting started using PressReader follow our online tutorial to guide you through the process.
Using a mobile device
Follow the instructions below to install and setup PressReader on your smartphone or tablet or alternatively access our user guide.
- Install the PressReader app (available from Google Playstore or the Apple App Store).
When you first open the app, hundreds of free publications are available. But, in order to receive free access to the full collection, you’ll need to connect to Library - Toowoomba Regional Council
- Tap the Sign In button.
- On the page that opens, tap the Library Card button.
- Tap the Select Library or Group dropdown menu, search and select your library, enter your library card number and PIN, and then tap the Sign In button.
- New User popup - Close (Tap X) or Cancel this screen. There is no requirement to enter an email address or password. ** If after closing the new user screen, the Sign in screen is still open, close this screen.
- Setup is now complete. Either tap the Select Publication button or close the screen and commencing browsing titles. Search for specific publications with the search bar, or browse publications from around the world. Tap the Countries, Categories, Languages, or Types tab and select an option. Repeat this process to further refine the presented publications, and then tap a publication when you find something interesting.
Complimentary access is provided for 30 days. When your 30 days access expires, simply sign back in to get another 30 days free access. To close the complimentary access popup and commence browsing available titles, either tap Select Publication or the X in the top-left corner.
Setting a publication for auto delivery
Publications can be automatically delivered to your device.
- Select the publication you would like delivered.
- Tap the slider to turn on automatic delivery of all new issues.
Automatically remove back issues
Back issues can be automatically removed from your device.
- Select Settings.
- Select Remove Issues.
- Select the number of issues to keep.
Using a computer
Follow the instructions below to open and use PressReader on your computer or alternatively access our user guide.
- Open a web browser and go to https://www.pressreader.com.
- Click Sign in (top right hand corner).
- Select Library or Group.
- Enter Toow in the Select Library search panel and select Library – Toowoomba Regional Council.
- In the Library or Group Sign In - Enter your library card (membership) number and PIN and select Sign in.
- New User pop-up - Select Cancel to close this screen. There is no requirement to enter an email address or password.
- A complimentary access window will open. Click Select Publication to commence browsing available titles.
Complimentary access is provided for 30 days. When your 30 days access expires, simply sign back in to get another 30 days free access.