Freegal® Music is a free music service available from the library. All you need is your library card number or online membership number and your PIN to access Freegal. Freegal offers access to approximately 15 million songs, including Sony Music's catalogue of legendary artists. In total the collection comprises music from over 30,000 labels originating from over 100 countries. Music can be streamed or downloaded using an internet connected device. For mobile devices, the Freegal app is available through App Store or Google Play. Freegal music does not have digital rights management (DRM) restrictions. Access to Freegal is limited to patrons of Toowoomba Region Libraries.
- Go to the Freegal platform
- Select Login
- Enter your library membership number and PIN
- Once logged in, you can commence selecting and downloading music
How Freegal Music works
- Freegal allows library members to stream music for 5 hours per day and download up to 5 songs each week. Every song can be previewed before being selected for download. Members must be logged in to enjoy the clips.
- The downloads in Freegal are all in the MP3 format with no Digital Rights Management (DRM), and videos are in the MP4 format with no DRM. This service will work on almost any computer, player, tablet or smartphone. The Freegal Music mobile app is free in the Apple® App Store and in Google® Play
- Music videos will cost members 2 of their allotted downloads. If 2 downloads are not available members will not be able to download a music video.
- Freegal Music is set up to browse, or to search for your favorite artists, songs, albums and genres. Additionally over 100 playlists have been added to meet every mood or whim. New lists are published weekly.
Transferring music between devices
Freegal’s music files are downloaded as MP3 files which are compatible with any MP3 Player or device. You can transfer the music to any computer, MP3 player or even burn it to a CD. Copyright laws apply for all music downloaded.
Tutorial and help
For help on setting up your device and getting started using Freegal follow our online tutorial to guide you through the process.
Answers to frequently asked questions can be found here.