Come 'sing your sillies' and 'jump your jiggles out' with our music and movement early literacy story time for children five and under. Using songs, instruments and toys, kids and adults have fun and reinforce emergent reading skills. Music is a natural enhancement to the learning process. It makes stories and activities more memorable and helps children learn.
Music and movement time provides the following benefits:
- Promotes language and literacy development through stories, songs, talking and listening.
- Up-skills parents in strategies and ways to enhance their child’s language and literacy skills, through modelling and explanation.
- Stimulate creativity and imagination.
- Assists in the development of social interactive skills.
- Stimulates early brain development, develops gross motor skills and increases baby’s vocabulary.
- Uses repetition as a learning strategy.
- Develops children’s sense of patterning and memory skills, enhancing numeracy development.
- Encourages singing with others.
- Allows a rhythmical response to music through creative movement and instrumental expression.
- Allows simple instruments to be played that do not require fine motor skills.
- Develops attentive listening.
Locations and times
Second and fourth Thursday at 10.30am during school term only.
Thursday at 9.30am.
Tuesday at 10 am during school term only.
Wednesday at 10am during school term only.