Online databases contain lists of published information from an array of sources including newspapers, journals, research articles and papers. These databases contain either full-text information or citations that direct you to the information. To access any of the online databases and resources, all you require is your Toowoomba Regional Library membership number (the barcode on your library card). If you're not a member, you can join the library online for free.
To view the resources available, scroll through the categories below. To open a database or online resource, click on the link and enter your library membership number when prompted.
Virtual reference library
- Gale Virtual Reference Library is a database of encyclopedias and specialised reference sources for multidisciplinary research. These reference materials once were accessible only in the library, but now you can access them online from the library or remotely 24/7.
Health and wellbeing
- Health and Wellness Resource Centre provides instant access to carefully compiled and trusted medical reference materials. It includes nearly 400 health/medical journals, hundreds of pamphlets, over 700 health-related videos from partner Healthology, Inc., and articles from 2,200 general interest publications in addition to a broad collection of Gale reference titles.
- The library's portal to lynda.com provides free access to a vast range courses that are suitable for both business and leisure. There are over 4,000 courses available and new courses are added every week. Lynda.com is so easy to use and appeals to both young and old. Library members can select courses ranging from beginner, intermediate or advanced levels.
- GCFlearnFree.org offers a variety of online training resources and includes courses for popular software applications including Microsoft Office. You can learn how to use YouTube, Facebook, Skype and Twitter at your own pace and at a time that suits you.
Resources for children, teachers, parents and tutors
- TumbleBooks A database specially for children. Read or listen to storybooks online, write a book review and play games.
- Queensland Law Handbook this is exhaustive guide written by more than 50 Queensland legal experts, offers plain-English advice about rights and responsibilities and where to go for further assistance.
- Queensland Legislation full-text access to Queensland Acts, Subordinate Legislation, Bills, and Repealed Legislation.
- Australian Government ComLaw full-text access to Commonwealth of Australia Legislation
- Trove allows you to find and get over 306,959,797 Australian and online resources: books, images, historic newspapers, maps, music, archives and more
Ancestry.com library version
- Ancestry.com is a well known genealogy research tool providing instant access to a wide range of resources for genealogical and historical research. Access the library edition free of charge through our public PCs.