State Library Queensland databases
The State Library of Queensland provides access to a large number of authoritative e-resources including online journals, newspapers, magazines and websites, online training courses, legislation and encyclopedias. All e-resources can be accessed from home using a SLQ membership. If you are not yet a member you can register online to get immediate access to services, collections and facilities.
Databases available through State Library Queensland include:
- PressReader for Newspapers (including full access to the Toowoomba Chronicle)
- JStor - a multidisciplinary archive of scholarly journals
- ProQuest Central - a multidisciplinary database covering business, current affairs, news, health, science and humanities
Trove is a fantastic comprehensive online resource by Australians, for Australians.
It is an online gateway to resources from more than one thousand Australian libraries, museums and galleries.
Trove helps you find and use resources relating to Australia. It's more than a search engine. Trove brings together content from libraries, museums, archives, repositories and other research and collecting organisations big and small.
- Queensland Law Handbook is an exhaustive guide written by more than 50 Queensland legal experts, offering plain-English advice about rights and responsibilities and where to go for further assistance.
- Queensland Legislation provides full-text access to Queensland Acts, Subordinate Legislation, Bills, and Repealed Legislation.
- Australian Government ComLaw provides full-text access to Commonwealth of Australia Legislation
Ancestry.com library version
Ancestry.com is a well-known genealogy research tool providing instant access to a wide range of resources for genealogical and historical research. Access the library edition free of charge through our public PCs.