Clifton Library meeting room
Available: Tuesday – Saturday during library hours
Cost: Free of charge for non-profit community groups based in the community for the purpose of community related events and activities. Night meetings are free of charge if a staff member is present, otherwise a opening fee is applicable.
Oakey Library meeting room
Meeting room 1 availability: Monday - Friday 9am to 5.30pm, Saturday 9am to 12.30pm
Resources in meeting room 1: Table, six chairs, Wi-fi hotspot
Meeting room 2 availability (Digital Hub): Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 9am to 5.30pm, Saturday 9am to 12:30pm
Resources in meeting room 2 (Digital Hub): Table, eight chairs, eight laptops, touch screen tv, wi-fi hotspot
Bookings: Bookings are essential for both rooms. The rooms can be booked by calling 4692 0154.
Cost: Free of charge for non-profit community groups based in the local community for the purpose of community related events and activities.
Toowoomba library community meeting rooms - part of Community Venues
Located in the heart of Toowoomba’s CBD, Toowoomba Regional Council’s Community Venues offer a range of modern, air-conditioned meeting rooms and community spaces in the Civic Precinct. Able to be booked by any organisation or community group, with prices to suit different categories of users, these spaces are part of Council’s vision to provide facilities that foster community inclusion and development.
Community Venues room information
Please note information provided below is indicative only and may change. The number of people able to fit in a room will vary depending on your chosen room set-up (eg theatre, boardroom, classroom etc).
Level 3 of the Toowoomba City Library (part of the Civic Precinct) - corner of Victoria and Herries Street
- Small meeting rooms: 4 -6 people, round table, whiteboard.
- Large meeting rooms: 10 - 12 people, interactive projector with whiteboard.
- Multipurpose room: 20- 60 people, projector.
- Seminar room single: 16-45 people, projector.
- Seminar room double: 36 to 110 people, projector.
- Seminar room full: 54 - 140 people, projector.
Detailed room information for meeting rooms on Level 3 of the Toowoomba City Library
- Complimentary tea and coffee is provided with all bookings.
- Room hire is inclusive of use of all equipment in the rooms.
- The City Library building is wheelchair accessible
- Limited free undercover car parking located on site (3 hours max). Paid all day parking close by at Water/Herries St Car Park.
- 12 laptops with internet access, a lectern and portable whiteboards are available to be loaned free of charge.
- Connector HDMI and VGA cables available to be loaned to connect your own laptop to the projectors.
- Only 45 mins of public wifi available per device per day.
- Catering can be organised via Community Venues staff.
Other Community Venues in the Civic Precinct (see map below)
- Dr Price meeting room (located between the Council customer service building and Mothercraft childcare building) – 50 people – free bookings for not for profit community groups – maximum 2 hour booking
- Outdoor spaces: Civic Square, Village Green, Art Gallery Park, Kwong Sang Walk
How to book
You can contact us via:
Community Venues operates separately to the library and bookings cannot be made via library staff.
Please view the Community Venues fees and charges for commercial, semi-commercial and not for profit/community group rates. Discounts on hourly room rates are available for not for profit and other local community organisations.
Semi-commercial organisations are defined as Local, State and Federal Government and State Educational institutions.