The first meeting of the Rosalie Divisional Board was held at the Police Station House, Jondaryan, on the 13 February 1880. In 1902, the board was renamed Rosalie Shire Council.
Council offices were located in Toowoomba from 1880 - 1985. During this period, Council offices relocated four times - Russell Street (adjoining the Queensland National Bank), 239 Margaret Street, 141 Herries Street and Neil Street. Over the years, a number of motions were put forward in relation to Council moving offices to Rosalie Shire. The offices moved from Toowoomba to Rosalie in 1985.
Past chairmen - Rosalie Divisional Board
1880-94 J F McDougall
1894-95 R Sharpe
1895-96 H V King
1896-97 Daniel McMahon
1897-98 John Mathieson
1898-99 H P Dunn
1899-1900 F Wockner
1900-01 R Sharpe
1901-02H V King
Past chairmen - Rosalie Shire Council
1902-03 Daniel McMahon
1904-05 John Bews
1905-06 J S Lee
1906-07 John Bews
1907-10 A J Luke
1910-11 H V King
1911-29 A E Moore
1929-36 Morris Harland
1936-39 H J Winton
1939-46 J J Gleeson
1946-62 S A Plant
1962-73 W F Kajewski
1997-2008 N L Strohfeld
Alick Williams was appointed to the Council in 1962 and became Chairman in 1973.
He served as Chairman for the next 24 years. Williams was born in 1920 in the Shire and was raised on a farm in the Brymaroo area. He worked on farms before commencing work at the Malling Cheese Factory. He was only 20 years old, when he was appointed Manager of the Woodleigh Cheese Factory. In 1945, he moved to Quinalow Cheese Factory and served as Manager for over 30 years.. He also managed plants at Oakey and Kenilworth.
He was involved in many community groups including:
- President of the Quinalow State School Parents and Citizens Association
- President of the Queensland Division of Australian Institute of Dairy Factory Managers and Secretaries
- President of the Darling Downs Institute of Dairy Technology Society
- Councillor on the Federal Body
- Member of the Queensland Milk Board
Henry Venn King
Henry Venn King served on the Rosalie Divisional Board from 1885 to 1911. During this period, he was elected chairman four times in 1895-96, 1901-1902, 1903-1904 and 1910-11.He was the joint owner of the Gowrie Estate which occupied a large area of the shire.
Arthur Edward Moore
Arthur Moore was elected to the Rosalie Shire Council in 1905. He represented the seat of Aubigny from 1915 until his retirement in 1941. He was elected chairman in 1911 and served until he became Premier of Queensland in 1929.