This $6 million project will involve the upgrade of Gap Road, Pittsworth and its intersection with the Gore Highway. The works will include:
- Road widening and overlay works, including drainage on Gap Road from the Gore Highway to Helens Street
- Construction of a left turn lane at the intersection of the Gore Highway
- Increasing the length of the right turn lane on the Gore Highway
The upgrade is a major project for the region which will improve safety on Gap Road and will provide a road link between the Industrial Precinct and the wider region, state and national transport networks. It will provide full access for Performance-Based Standards level 3 including type 1 road trains and create opportunities for local expansion and development.
Residents will be advised in advance of construction works and impacts and we will seek to minimise disruptions where possible. Access to properties will be maintained during construction.
We have successfully obtained joint funding of $2.8 million from the State Government through the Building Our Regions Program to deliver this project and have assigned $3.2 million from our capital budget.
Late June 2017
Target completion date
- Current stage: Upgrade Gap Road from the Gore Highway to 53 Gap Road (Farmhaul) and upgrade the Gore Highway intersection - June to mid October 2017.
- Upgrade Gap Road from 53 Gap Road (Farmhaul) to Cypress Street - mid October to December 2017.
- Upgrade Gap Road from Cypress Street to Helens Street - January to mid 2018.