Medium level (200 litres/person/day) - Cambooya, Cecil Plains, Clifton, Greenmount, Hodson Vale, Pittsworth, Vale View & Yarraman schemes.
Continuation of permanent conservation measures (200 litres/person/day) - Toowoomba Bulk Water Supply Scheme (Oakey, Jondaryan, Haden, Crows Nest, Highfields, Kingsthorpe, Gowrie Junction, Meringandan, Toowoomba City, Westbrook and Goombungee)
The Green Infrastructure Strategy is an initiative to develop a new environmental approach for the Toowoomba Region. The strategy will guide the development, management and delivery of the unique and diverse living assets or “green infrastructure” of the Toowoomba Region.
The strategy will inform all future policy direction to ensure that green infrastructure principals are integrated throughout our operations. It will also help to ensure the lifestyle and economic benefits of the Toowoomba Region’s natural assets are an integral part of our future growth strategy.
For further information, please go to http://yoursay.tr.qld.gov.au/greenis
- Project initiation, research and internal scoping – December 2015 to February 2016 (completed).
- Community consultation to explore community values and vision for green infrastructure - April to May 2017 (completed).
- Community consultation to identify issues and opportunities for green infrastructure – April to May 2018 (completed).
- Develop Green Infrastructure Strategy – August to late 2018 (in progress).
- Community consultation to invite comments on the draft strategy – late 2018.
- Final strategy endorsed and released – early 2019.