We are developing a Green Infrastructure Strategy to guide the development, management and delivery of green infrastructure across the region. Thinking about environmental resources as ‘green infrastructure’ is a way to recognise that the environment provides essential life-sustaining services, along with tangible economic and social benefits.
Just as we plan our grey infrastructure network (e.g. roads, bridges, water pipes, and sewer systems), we intend to proactively protect, manage and maintain landscapes by recognising that multi-purpose ‘living assets’ are an essential part of land use and infrastructure planning and are critical to the healthy functioning of our urban and rural places.
For further information, please go to http://yoursay.tr.qld.gov.au/greenis
- Project initiation, research and internal scoping – December 2015 to February 2016 (completed).
- Community consultation to explore community values and vision for green infrastructure - April to May 2017 (completed).
- Community consultation to identify issues and opportunities for green infrastructure – April to May 2018 (completed).
- Develop draft Green Infrastructure Strategy – August to early 2019 (in progress).
- Community consultation to invite comments on the draft strategy – April to May 2019.
- Final strategy endorsed and released – mid 2019.