Medium level (200 litres/person/day) - Brookstead, Cambooya, Cecil Plains, Clifton, Greenmount, Hodgson Vale (includes Top Camp), Pittsworth, Southbrook, Vale View & Yarraman schemes.
Continuation of permanent conservation measures (200 litres/person/day) - Toowoomba Bulk Water Supply Scheme (Oakey, Jondaryan, Haden, Crows Nest, Highfields, Kingsthorpe, Gowrie Junction, Meringandan, Toowoomba City, Westbrook and Goombungee)
We have recently investigated options to develop the landfill gas resource at Toowoomba Waste Management Facility (Bedford Street).
Landfill gas utilisation solutions could potentially supply part of our electricity or gas requirements. The investigations identified multiple delivery options and pathways for which we might develop the resource with two of the most suitable options being:
- Production of electricity for use at the Wetalla treatment plant, or other facilities, or export into the electricity grid; or
- Production of compressed natural gas for use in fleet vehicles, or other facilities, or injection into a gas grid.
We have entered into a contract with the Clean Energy Regulator following the latest Emissions Reduction Fund auction which will assist funding requirements for landfill gas management.
We plan to run a three phased process to enter into an arrangement which allows for maximum potential to utilise the landfill gas resource.
- Phase one - expression of interest;
- Phase two - early respondent involvement; and
- Phase three - formal commercial tender
Details for the project tender can be accessed via LG tender box.
Objectives of the EOI to tender process:
- To receive submissions from potential commercial partners with whom we may seek to develop commercial terms for one or more landfill gas utilisation projects; and
- To select one or more respondents to engage in Early Respondent Involvement discussions with a view to further refining and developing potential landfill gas utilisation projects and developing an appropriate proposed form of tender (Early respondent involvement costs may be reimbursed); and
- To identify the type and form of potential landfill gas utilisation projects; and
- To identify and contract long-term project partner(s) who are knowledgeable, experienced, dynamic, responsive, innovative, responsible and aligned with our objectives and values.
We are also undertaking pre-feasibility investigations of potential waste to resource or energy use opportunities associated with waste services. These include opportunities to better utilise the energy value in green / timber waste collected at waste facilities.