Medium level (200 litres/person/day) - Brookstead, Cambooya, Cecil Plains, Clifton, Greenmount, Hodgson Vale (includes Top Camp), Pittsworth, Southbrook, Vale View & Yarraman schemes.
Continuation of permanent conservation measures (200 litres/person/day) - Toowoomba Bulk Water Supply Scheme (Oakey, Jondaryan, Haden, Crows Nest, Highfields, Kingsthorpe, Gowrie Junction, Meringandan, Toowoomba City, Westbrook and Goombungee)
The following fires are prohibited by subordinate local law (Community and Environmental Management)
- A fire which the material to be consumed is 2m x 2m or less (fires exceeding this size are covered under the Fire and Rescue Services Act administered by QFRS and therefore council local laws do not apply)
- A fire lit for the purpose of burning the carcass of a beast
- A fire lit outdoors even in an enclosed fireplace.
Unless these fires are:
• For the preparation and cooking of food in an appropriately constructed barbecue
• For the cooking of food
• Lit for an activity undertaken by the scouts, girl guides or a similar organisation
• Lit for outdoor heating purposes, but within an appropriately enclosed fireplace or similar device.
Under the Fire and Rescue Services Act 1990, it is an offence to light a fire without first obtaining authorisation by receiving either notification, notice or a permit from the Queensland Fire and Rescue Services. We cannot issue a permit to burn. A permit is required when the size of the fire exceeds 2 meters in any direction i.e. 2m high at the height of the fire or 2m long or wide.
For further information on backyard burning contact us. For information regarding restrictions and permits contact Queensland Fire and Rescue Service on 1300 369 003.