We are responsible for issuing permits to applicants who wish to temporarily close a road, a footpath or perform works that will encroach on the road or footpath.
Examples of where this is used:
- Working on a road
- Working on the side of a road, between a property boundary and road, such as erecting scaffolding, building maintenance or painting
- Safety reasons (when working on a roof, something may fall)
This permit may also apply to construction, works on roads, a worksite or road permit.
How to apply
Please find a full copy of the application in the related documents section below.
- Download the Roads - application to undertake work within the road reserve form
- Complete it fully
- Attach any requested documentation and then either:
- Drop the form into your nearest Customer Service Centre and make payment; or
- Submit it to your local Customer Service Centre and arrange payment. Please quote the RC number listed on the form when payment is completed over the phone.
Please ensure that your application is lodged and payment made at least 10 working days prior to commencement. The application process will not begin until the payment has been made.
If you have any questions regarding this application process, please contact the Transport and Drainage Planning branch via our customer service centre on 131 872.
Applications to undertake work within the road reserve fall under Local Law No. 1 (Administration) 2011 & Subordinate Local Law No. 1.15 (Carrying Out Works on a Road or Interfering with a Road or its Operation) 2011