Partial relief from payment of water consumption charges will only be granted if we are satisfied that:
- the water consumed was the result of an unapparent plumbing failure, and
- as soon as the applicant was aware of an increase in water consumption, steps were taken to find the cause and a licensed plumber carried out the repairs promptly.
How to apply for relief
You can apply for relief in person, by phone, or email.
To make an application for partial relief you will need to:
- Complete and sign a Water relief application form.
- Collect the following documents from your licensed plumber:
- A statement describing the repair work and certifying that loss was due to an unapparent plumbing failure undetectable to the resident; and
- A copy of the plumber's bill for the work.
- Lodge the application and plumber's documents with us as soon as possible.
To receive the discount on your water rate notice, the amount owing as shown on the notice must be paid by the due date.
How the amount of relief is determined
The amount of water you have consumed over the previous 4 billing cycles is compared with your consumption during the period of the unapparent plumbing failure. You may be eligible for up to 50% of water considered lost as a result of the plumbing failure.