Rates search

House for sale

A conveyancing questionnaire takes approximately 5 working days.

How to apply

 The property search form is available in an online or PDF version.

How to fill in the search form

A search form must be completed and returned with payment and include the following details:

  • Current owner and property details
  • Real property description
  • Date of settlement
  • Preferred delivery method
  • Date of reading

The search fee can be paid by one of the following methods:-

  1. At any Council service centre by cheque/cash/credit card
  2. Mail
  3. Debtors account (If an account is required please contact the Customer Service Centre to obtain a credit application form.)


Information available through a rates search

The following information is provided on the rates search:

  • Unimproved value
  • Current rates position
  • Fire levy
  • Water meter details, including last water meter reading
  • Town plan zoning
  • Realignments
  • Resumptions or easement requisitions
  • Requisitions - water, sewerage and health
  • Trade waste requirements
  • Property related debt

A special water meter reading can also be obtained for an additional fee.  A special reading request will provide an updated reading for adjustment at settlement. 


How to calculate the pensioner rebate for adjustment purposes

To assist in calculating the amount of rebate to remit to us, please use the Pensioner Rebate Ready Reckoner.

Last Updated: Friday, 01 March 2019 14:20
Back to top