A conveyancing questionnaire takes approximately 5 working days.
How to apply
The property search form is available in a PDF version or can be submitted through our online services.
Fill in the Property search form (online)
Before you can lodge a search request online you will need to become a registered user. Follow the instructions below to register:
- Go to 'Payments, Self Service & Laws' and click on 'Online Service Request'.
- Click 'Rates and water notices'.
- Click 'Request a Property Search'.
- Click on 'Register' in top right hand corner.
- Fill in appropriate details and submit.
After you submit your registration request you will then receive an email when your login account is ready for use (allow a maximum of 2 working days for processing).
Fill in the Property search form (PDF).
A search form must be completed and returned with payment and include the following details:
- Current owner and property details
- Real property description
- Date of settlement
- Preferred delivery method
- Date of reading
The search fee can be paid by one of the following methods:-
- At any Council service centre by cheque/cash/credit card
- Debtors account (If an account is required please contact the Customer Service Centre to obtain a credit application form.)
Information available through a rates search
The following information is provided on the rates search:
- Unimproved value
- Current rates position
- State Emergency Management Levy
- Water meter details, including last water meter reading
- Resumptions or easement requisitions
- Requisitions - water, sewerage and health
- Trade waste requirements
- Property related debt
A special water meter reading can also be obtained for an additional fee. A special reading request will provide an updated reading for adjustment at settlement.
How to calculate the pensioner rebate for adjustment purposes
To assist in calculating the amount of rebate to remit to us, please use the Pensioner Rebate Ready Reckoner.