Information Sheet 042
The responsible person (or someone who is directly employed by them) is the only person/s under current legislation who can call an inspection. Contact must be made by the responsible person to arrange bookings for all stages of works. The applicant/owner is to provide the responsible person with the details of the approval (i.e. conditions of approval, approval number, house connection plan and the number of inspections paid for on application).
Types of inspections
- Under slab (sub-drain)
- Stack/elevated pipe work that is to be covered
- Drainage (sanitary house drain)
- Water services (rough in)
- Final plumbing inspection
Requesting a plumbing and drainage inspection
Plumbers only can book a plumbing and drainage inspection after receiving notification to commence work. At least 48 hours notice must be given prior to the inspection date.
Information needed to book an inspection
- A plumbing compliance assessment/approval number
- Property description details relating to the property where the inspection is required
- The responsible persons name and details
How do I book an inspection?
The responsible person can make an inspection booking by any of the following methods:
- Use our online booking form: Plumbing - Inspection booking form (online)
- Telephone 131 872 or refer to the number on your plumbing approval
- Visit your local customer service centre.
For further specific information about booking a plumbing and drainage inspection contact the Building & Compliance – Plumbing Section on 131 872 or visit your nearest Customer Service Centre.
The information contained on this page is a guide only.
This information has been prepared by Toowoomba Regional Council to help people gain an understanding of the Toowoomba Regional Planning Scheme. Please consult the Toowoomba Regional Planning Scheme for detailed information including maps (zones, local plans, overlays and priority infrastructure plan), provisions and policies. The content of this information sheet is not intended to replace the provisions of the Toowoomba Regional Planning Scheme.