Council has extended and enhanced our incentive program for regional areas. A total of $3 million over three years has been set aside to boost growth in ‘rural charge areas’ and ‘township charge areas’. Information about these areas can be found at the end of the policy document in 'Related documents'. Infrastructure charges can be found in the Charges Resolution No 1 document at the bottom of the page.
If you wish to undertake industrial, business and residential developments in these areas, you may be eligible for significant discounts on infrastructure charges.
30 June 2018 to 30 June 2019.
- Township charge areas & rural charge areas - $1 million per year (on a first come, first served basis) and to be reviewed annually. A total of $3 million over 3 years.
- Industry activities - discount of 75% or up to $50,000 per application.
- Business activities - discount of 55% or up to $50,000 per application.
- Essential services (excluding 'veterinary services') at our discretion.
- Residential Development within the Township Charge Area - Pittsworth, Oakey & Crows Nest - $14,500 per dwelling or per accommodation suite.
- Residential Development within the Rural Charge Area - $7,500 per dwelling or per accommodation suite.
Localities that will benefit from this policy are:
- Cecil Plains
- Crows Nest
*For Cambooya & Kingsthorpe – only industrial and business uses will be eligible. Residential development is not eligible for incentives under this policy.
Please contact us for further information.
- Development that has either an effective development permit for reconfiguration of a lot (RAL), or a material change of use (MCU), or an effect compliance permit for building works; and
- approved for industrial, business or residential uses; and
- located within our rural charge area, townships charge area and Cambooya priority infrastructure area (PIA)*; and
- infrastructure charges must not have been paid yet.
How to apply
A written application must be submitted. Once approved, the applicant must lodge:
- the compliance certificate for signing of survey plan for RAL by 30 June 2019; or
- a compliance certificate for certification of classification (Form 11) for MCU by 30 June 2019
Council will enter into an infrastructure agreement with land owner for the purpose of this policy.
Terms mentioned in eligibility criteria
The following terms are mentioned in the eligibility criteria section of the application form.
'Business activities' means:
- agricultural supplies store
- bulk landscaping supplies
- food and drink outlet
- garden centre
- hardware and trade supplies
- outdoor sales
- parking station
- sales office
- service industry
- service station
- shopping centre
'Industry activities' means:
- extractive industry
- high impact industry
- low impact industry
- marine industry
- medium impact industry
- research and technology industry
- service industry
- special industry
'Veterinary services' means:
- “Premises used for veterinary care, surgery and treatment of animals that may include provision for the short-term accommodation of the animals on the premise.”
'Essential services' (excluding “veterinary services”) in (Table 1 of the Charges Resolution (CR) No.2 means:
- detention facility
- emergency services
- health care services
- residential care facility
A residential development purpose means the Reconfiguration of a Lot or Material Change of Use within the Rural Charge Area or Townships Charge Area (refer to Appendix A: Charge Area Maps of the CR No. 2) for “residential” purposes.
'Residential' purposes in Table 1 of the Charges Resolution (CR) No. 2 means:
- caretaker’s accommodation
- dual occupancy
- dwelling house
- multiple dwelling
- dwelling unit