Our incentives program for regional areas has been extended and enhanced. A total of $3 million over three years has been set aside to boost growth in ‘rural charge areas’ and ‘township charge areas’. Information about these areas can be found at the end of the 2.32 Temporary Economic Development Incentives for District Townships Policy & Charge Area Maps. Infrastructure charges can be found in the Charges Resolution No. 3 article or other relevant charges resolutions.
If you wish to undertake industrial, business or residential developments in these areas, you may be eligible for significant discounts on infrastructure charges.
Effective until 30 June 2022.
- Township charge areas & rural charge areas - $1 million per year (on a first come, first served basis) to be reviewed annually. A total of $3 million over 3 years.
- Industry activities - discount of 75% or up to $50,000 per application.
- Business activities - discount of 55% or up to $50,000 per application.
- Essential services (excluding 'veterinary services') at our discretion.
- Residential Development within the Township Charge Area - $14,500 per dwelling, vacant land or per accommodation suite.
- Residential Development within the Rural Charge Area - $4,500 per dwelling, vacant land or per accommodation suite.
Localities that will benefit from this policy are:
- Cecil Plains
- Crows Nest
- Gowrie Junction
- Top Camp
- Vale View
- Gowrie Mountain
Please contact us for further information.
To be eligible, all of the following criteria must apply:
Development that has either an effective development permit for reconfiguration of a lot (RAL), or a material change of use (MCU), or an effective compliance permit exists for the purpose of;
- industrial, business or residential uses located within our rural charge area, townships charge area or Cambooya priority infrastructure area (PIA)
- an Adopted Infrastructure Charges Notice or Infrastructure Charges Notice has been issued in relation to the Development Approval or imposed and infrastructure contribution condition in the Development Approval
- infrastructure charges must not have been paid yet.
How to apply
1. Fill in either:
- District townships incentives scheme - Discount infrastructure charges request form APP 030 (online) or
- District townships incentives scheme - Discount infrastructure charges request form APP 030 (for print)
2. Once approved, the applicant must lodge:
A compliance certificate or request for endorsement for an applicable stage of the approval or the approval for:
- a plan of subdivision for RAL by 30 June 2023; or
- certificate of classification (Form 11) for MCU by 30 June 2023.
We will enter into an infrastructure agreement with the land owner for the purpose of this policy.
Terms mentioned in eligibility criteria
The following terms are mentioned in the eligibility criteria section of the application form.
'Business activities' means:
- agricultural supplies store
- bulk landscaping supplies
- food and drink outlet
- garden centre
- hardware and trade supplies
- outdoor sales
- parking station
- sales office
- service industry
- service station
- shopping centre
'Industry activities' means:
- extractive industry
- high impact industry
- low impact industry
- marine industry
- medium impact industry
- research and technology industry
- service industry
- special industry
'Veterinary services' means a premises used for veterinary care, surgery and treatment of animals that may include provision for the short-term accommodation of the animals on the premise.
'Essential services' (excluding “veterinary services”) in table 1 of the Charges Resolution (CR) No.3 means:
- detention facility
- emergency services
- health care services
- residential care facility.
A residential development purpose means the Reconfiguration of a Lot or Material Change of Use within the Rural Charge Area or Townships Charge Area (refer to Appendix A: Charge Area Maps of the CR No. 3) for 'residential' purposes.
'Residential' purposes in table 1 of the Charges Resolution (CR) No. 3 means:
- caretaker’s accommodation
- dual occupancy
- dwelling house
- multiple dwelling
- dwelling unit.
A long term accommodation development purpose means the Material Change of Use within the Rural Charge Area or Townships Charge Area (refer to Appendix A: Charge Area Maps of the CR No. 3) for ‘accommodation (long term) purposes.
Accommodation (long term) purposes in Table 1 of the Charges Resolution (CR) No.3 means:
- community residence
- relocatable home park
- retirement facility
- rooming accommodation.