An application for nomination of road frontage is a request to have the major street on a corner block identified for construction purposes. The prescribed relaxation, pending on the width of corner sites applies to the major street under the Planning Regulation 2017 and Queensland Development Code MP1.1, MP 1.2 or MP 1.3.
Nomination of road frontage is not a siting discretion approval which may still be required if the structure is to be constructed closer than the nominated prescribed setback/s after the nomination of road frontage.
How to make an application for nomination of road frontage
You will need to submit the following:
- A completed APP 005 Concurrence agency referral building works assessable against the Building Act 1975 PDF form; and
- A site plan drawn to scale (1:100, 1:200 are the recommended scales); and
- The appropriate application fee.
What happens after I lodge my application?
- Your request will be assessed by the Development and Compliance Team of the Building and Compliance Branch; and
- Formal advice will be issued on the outcome of the application including revised prescribed setbacks for narrow allotments.
For further information regarding nomination of road frontage contact Building & Compliance Branch on 131 872 or visit your nearest Customer Service Centre.
The information contained on this page is a guide only. This information has been prepared by Toowoomba Regional Council to help people gain an understanding of the Toowoomba Regional Planning Scheme and building legislations. Please consult the Toowoomba Regional Planning Scheme for detailed information including maps (zones, local plans, overlays and priority infrastructure plan), provisions and policies. The content of this information sheet is not intended to replace the provisions of the Toowoomba Regional Planning Scheme and building legislations.