We offer a free heritage advisory service to assist property owners with the renovation and conservation of the region's buildings. The heritage advisor is an experienced conservation architect and provides advice on maintaining the character of historic properties and their surrounds.
This free service is available to all property owners of commercial, residential and rural buildings throughout the Toowoomba Region. Design consultants, land developers and tradespeople are also welcome to use this service. This service typically offers advice on:
- Colour schemes: Heritage advisory note - exterior colours
- Extensions: Heritage advisory note - alterations and additions
- Carports and garages: Heritage advisory note - carports and garages
- Fencing: Heritage advisory note - fencing
- Gardens: Heritage advisory note - gardens
Advice given is general and should be considered as the starting point for more extensive work that may ultimately require an architect, builder or designer. This service can potentially help prevent problems, save costs and avoid delays in the development approval process. Advice is available at all stages of a project and can be provided through a site visit, phone call or email. To request an appointment with the heritage advisor please contact us.