Last Updated: Wednesday, 09 January 2019 11:12

Some building work is deemed to be self-assessable and does not require a building permit. Refer to the self assessable building work article for more detailed information on self-assessable building work. All other building work requires building approval from Council.

Building development applications can be lodged with a Council building certifier or a private building certifier (licensed with the Queensland Building Services Authority). Generally, applications made to Council certifiers can be lodged at one of Council's service centres or to the Duty Building Certifier in the Toowoomba Service Centre on Tuesdays and Thursdays (between 9 am and 4.30 pm).

Additional considerations will need to be given during the application process in the following circumstances:

The following building activities also require Council approval:


Referral agency approval for building activities

As described under the Building Regulations 2006 the following agencies may also need to be involved in the approval process: